Monday, October 26, 2009

Still Milk Free :(

Well... here's what I ended up deciding to do with testing Julia's dairy intolerance. I didn't want to eat something and have her react, and have to feel sick for 4 days (the typical amount of time it seemed to bother her the most) and then another few weeks for the dairy to be completely out of my system. So..... I decided to give her 2 oz of milk formula and see how it went. Since Julia did so well with my "dairy milks" I thought it was worth a try.

She didn't do too badly. I gave her the formula one day, and skipped the next day to see her reaction. She seemed to be ok on the first day, but day two she was "off". She didn't seem to be her usual chipper, happy self. Since it wasn't anything obvious, and she didn't have the blowout problem, I decided to try again on days three and four with 2 oz of formula both days. Day three she again seemed kind of "off" but day four she definitely wasn't herself. She would all of a sudden get a pained look on her face and fuss. Since an 8 month old can't tell you what's wrong, and the formula is the only thing different that either she or I have eaten, I think it's the dairy.

I guess that means another month of being a Milk Free Mama. Which is ok, I've done it this long, what's another four weeks if it means that Julia won't be sick. Besides, I've found a lot of really interesting websites/blogs with recipes I'd like to sample.

Speaking of those sites, here are a few for you to try...

No comments:

Post a Comment