Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Hidden Dairy: Seeing the Light of Day

As I said in an earlier post, I probably should have known that eliminating dairy in my diet meant more than just the obvious dairy - milk, cheese, butter, etc. But I had no idea that barbecue potato chips frequently have dairy. Or hotdogs. Or breads.

Below are some links to websites that list dairy ingredients and hidden dairy. It may seem overwhelming at first, but you'll become familiar with the terms. Give yourself a good chunk of time the first time you go to the grocery store because you'll be reading a  lot of labels. If you happen to make a lot of food from scratch, you're golden. If not, you can find a decent selection of dairy-free, pre-packaged foods. I fall into the latter category and am not much of a cook. If I've survived so far, you can too!

No comments:

Post a Comment