Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Thoughts of Reintroduction

Well, it's been four days of giving Julia one bottle of "dairy milk" per day and I haven't noticed anything yet. I am starting to get excited, but am afraid to hope that dairy might actually be in my not-so-distant future.

Now the question is: how do I reintroduce dairy into my diet? Should I feed Julia something with dairy in it directly and see how she does, rather than me eating something, her having a reaction, and being sick for days.

I've been Googling this question all day, and am thoroughly confused. Some say to feed the baby so that if she has a reaction we can immediately stop the source and I won't have dairy in my system for 2 - 3 weeks. Others say that I should be the one to eat the dairy because giving her full-blown dairy will be too much on her system. Then there's the question of how to reintroduce to either one of us. What do I feed her? Yogurt? Something made for babies that has dairy (like a baked cracker type of thing?). What do I feed me? Yogurt? Drink a glass of milk? Eat some cheese? Eat something baked with dairy in it? Some people say to eat cooked food because that starts to break down the proteins, but others say this doesn't make a difference. And even further, do I eat, say, a piece of cheese every day, or just once and see how she does. So many questions, so little time! AAACCCKKK!!

I will think through everything I've been reading and sleep on it. I'll let you know what I decide to do, and will post how Julia does.

Wish me luck!! I plan to take next week off from work so I can be with Julia and watch her reaction.

Below are some of the links I have been reading, which I thought might be of interest to you:

No comments:

Post a Comment